How Henley Festival Support The Children’s Society
Posted on Nov 24, 2016
As a not for-profit event, every single purchase of Henley Festival tickets plus memberships, patronages, sponsorships and donations mean the Festival can continue to support local and national charities each year.
The Children's Society is transforming the lives of young carers across Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Buckingham and beyond. During Henley Festival’s partnership with the charity, your generous support has allowed The Children’s Society to...
- Work with five young carers services across three counties to help them identify gaps in identification and recognition of young carers locally and explore how The Children’s Society can help them address this.
- Support 52 young carers from across Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire to attend the Young Carers Festival.
- Presented to 35 schools professionals in Oxford, Windsor and Maidenhead to raise awareness about the challenges that young carers face and help schools consider how they can address these.
- Supported 9 schools in the Oxfordshire area to join our national Young Carers in Schools programme and achieve a Young Carers in Schools award to recognise their progress, with seven of these achieving a Silver and two the Gold Award.
- In addition, we collaborated with the Wokingham Young Carers Service to support seven schools to become ‘trailblazers’ in the area and help us encourage wider roll-out of the Young Carers in Schools programme.
- Offered valuable work experience to young carers at Henley Festival. The young people involved hugely valued the opportunity to be part of the Festival and enjoyed working with our team.
- Helped raise awareness about the challenges facing young carers through the well-respected photo exhibition entitled ‘Hidden’ on display throughout Henley Festival, and our presence on Family Day.
- Enabled young carers and their families across the region to be part of the Festival by offering them the chance to participate in Family Day. More than 100 young carers and their families took up this opportunity.
The Children’s Society would like to express their thanks to all of you who have attended or supported Henley Festival and support young carers.Why not find out more about the work of The Children’s Society or learn more about Henley Festival’s charity work and how you can help?