Henley Festival Needs Your Help and Support
It is with much sadness and regret that the Board of Trustees and CEO Nick Mattingley have agreed that Henley Festival has to be postponed this year. This has been a very difficult decision and we assessed several factors very carefully before coming to this point including:
- Government advice, in particular travel restrictions and its social distancing policy
- Our landlords at Henley Royal Regatta and their decision to cancel meaning the Festival site and structures will not be available to us
- And, most importantly, the health and safety of all our guests, artists, contractors and staff
We are immensely grateful for the donations that have already been made whether through your Friends membership, or at the time you bought your tickets. However, as a registered charity and a not-for-profit organisation, we are totally dependent on the income we receive from ticket sales and the loss of this income is a serious financial concern.
Already we’ve had an amazing response and outpouring of support and we’re delighted all our Headline Artists; Madness, James Blunt, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Sara Cox, Kathy Sledge and The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra have all agreed to move to the same day in 2021. We are working hard with the remaining contributors, artists and talent to stage the Festival already planned, and much anticipated, in this now turbulent year.
In order to help us to continue supporting our charity partners and our mission to help champion young and emerging talent by staging our wonderful, unique event, (as well as being your community event) we’d like to appeal to each of you to:
- Generously donate to cover our core costs which equates to roughly £20 per ticket here. This will ensure that Henley Festival can remain resilient in the face of the current crisis and return confidently to be able to support our charities through music and the arts which is at the heart of all we do.
- Transfer your 2020 purchases by way of credit to 2021.
For those of you unable to commit to support us we will facilitate the remaining refunds in due course but please be aware we have a small box office team who are working incredibly hard, currently remotely. We will be in contact with you as soon as we can regarding next steps.
Our Festival has been in existence for 38 years and during that time we have championed many individuals and groups through our charitable support, as well as giving opportunities to emerging talent within music and the arts. This is a very challenging time for the industry, especially as so many involved work on a self-employed or freelance basis. The charity sector, those that exist to give help and support to people in need faces a very bleak future unless as a community we can come together and provide assistance on a professional and personal level.
Postponement of the Festival this year is devastating for all of us but with your help, we’ll be back next year, bigger and better able to help those we support with our truly special event. The show will go on and we hope you will join us and Be Part of Something Amazing!
Thank you from all of the team at Henley Festival, please stay safe and we’ll and see you in 2021.